Wider Horizons Events and Information
- Men’s Coffee Group, Michael Kischner convener, meets this Wednesday, July 5, 10:00 am at Victrola, 411 – 15th Ave E.
- No Women’s Coffee Group this Wednesday. The next one is on July 19 at 10:30 am at Denise Klein’s Madrona “Lake House.” The address will be announced in a future Monday Memo.
- The Thursday morning all-member Zoom is this Thursday, July 6, in its usual time slot of 9:30 am. Facilitators will be Debbie Ward and Carol Mirman. The link and small group questions will be sent out on Wednesday.
- See the latest letter from John Rochford about his health journey (attached).
- And Tom Sykes shares his Viet-Nam war experience (attached).
6. Barbara Oswald (left, photo courtesy of Deirdre Cochran) at the opening of her annual Please Touch exhibit at the Seattle Center gallery A/NT. Let me know if you want to join our field trip to see the show at 3 pm this coming Friday, July 7 (followed by a Happy Hour on lower Queen Anne).
Members and Friends Share Information
1. Audrey Hansen shared information about the new, improved Medical Aid in Dying Act (attached).
2. Pat Siggs recommends you check out this journalism investigative fund: https://company.seattletimes.com/investigative-fund/ She finds their local events thrilling.
3. Actress Helen Mirren, 78, shares inspiring wisdom: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=635868691747194
4. Bob Anderson says: I recommend tuning into a podcast from the program The Hidden Brain entitled “The Best Years of Your Life.” This 45-minute program features nationally recognized psychologist and Director of the Center on Longevity at Stanford, Dr. Laura Carstensen. Using research and and stories, she reveals how older adults have less incidence of psychopathology and greater capacity for a positive perspective on life than younger people. A thoughtful and inspiring program with insights from which we can all benefit. Click here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hidden-brain/id1028908750?i=1000618394455