Wider Horizons Events and Information
- Gardening at the Dills’ home tomorrow, Tuesday, May 9. Work party and potluck lunch, 10 am – 2 pm. See the photo from the last gathering (attached). Eleanor says, “All are welcome. We will be planting tomatoes.”
- The Thursday morning all-member Zoom will meet on Thursday, May 11 in its usual time slot of 9:30 am. Look for the small group questions and a Zoom link from Sue Lerner on Wednesday.
- The next Women Drinking Coffee is on Wednesday, May 17, at 10:30 am at Ann Lawrence’s home: 3138 34th Ave S.
- On Sunday, May 14, at 4 pm, Denise Lishner invites you to attend a premier film screening of, Anu (partly filmed at her home). Denise says, “ANU is about a young Indian boy in Seattle coming to terms with the death of a grandparent. I will be there sitting with the director, cast and crew. It’s playing at SIFF and several other locations.” See the attached link for more information: https://www.siff.net/festival/anu
- An in-person celebration of Allan Blackman’s life, sponsored by his grandnieces, will take place on Sunday, May 28th at 4:00 pm at Seward Park. See the attached invitation.
- After almost 28 years together WH member Eric Johnson’s spouse, Dennis Hopkins, passed away in November. Eric looks forward to re-connecting with already-known friends, making new ones and welcomes being included in social activities. His e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Members and Friends Share Information
- From Patti Gorman: I am working with a mature 18 y.o. student at Seattle Central College who is from Turkmenistan and is looking for a room or small apartment where she can reduce the cost of her rent. She would be willing to help around your house as part of the compensation. She is smart, upbeat, fun-loving, speaks English well. If interested, please contact me, Patti, and I will put you two in touch. email@example.com
- Also from Patti, information about an interesting community process is attached. Help welcome newcomers to Seattle!