Wider Horizons Events and Information
- Our Movie Group, Denise Lishner facilitating, zooms today, Monday, May 22, at 4 pm, to discuss the movie Witness with Harrison Ford. Here is the link: https://tinyurl.com/48cduc4n
- The Thursday morning all-member Zoom will meet this Thursday, May 25, facilitated by Debbie Ward and Phil Gerson, in its usual time slot of 9:30 am. The link and small group questions are attached, along with an article on cultural maturity.
3. Please welcome new member Susan Knox. After selling her CPA practice in Columbus, Ohio, Susan and her husband, Weldon Ihrig, moved to Eugene, Oregon, for six years and then to downtown Seattle where they’ve lived since 1996. She began to write and produced a book for college students, “Financial Basics, A Money Management Guide for Students” published by The Ohio State University Press. She now writes short stories and creative nonfiction some of which have been published in literary magazines. See her website www.susanknox.org. You can contact Susan on her home phone at 206 256-0086 or via email: email@example.com (note the underline).
Members and Friends Share Information
- Wolfgang Kluge will perform with Choir of the Sound on Saturday and Sunday, June 3rd and 4th in Shoreline. Wolfgang says, “the concert will be a colorful program with beautiful music.” Go here to register and for more details: ShowTix4U – Free Online Ticketing – Schools, Community, Regional
- From Susan Jamison comes the attached information about Flying Blind, a musical by, for, and with the blind/low vision community, June 2-4 at the Lakewood Seward Park Community Club.
- Bill Lippe invites you to hear Neil Scott perform on Saturday, June 10 at 7 pm at Bill’s home. See the attachment for more information, including how to register.
- Eric Johnson shared this excellent piece on regaining fitness: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/30/well/move/fitness-loss-exercise.html